National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine (NMetAU)
IV-accreditation level state higher educational ministry. Course in English Medium,Russian Medium & Ukrainian Medium:
- International Business
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Academic year (2 semesters): September 1- June 30
Course duration for Bachelor Degree: 4 years
Course duration for Master Degree: 1 & 1.5 year
Tuition fee varies courses: from 1700$-2500$ per year.
- One of the oldest institutions of higher education for metallurgical engineering.
- Established in October, 1899 as a department of Katerinoslavsky Higher Mining School.
- In 1912, the department was transformed into a metallurgical faculty of Katerinoslavsky Mining Institute. In 1930, it acquired the status of an independent institution of higher education and obtained the name of Dnipropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute.
- In 1993, the higher status of State Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine was gained and fixed by the Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and, in 1999, the status of the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine was adopted by the Ukaz (Decree) of the President of Ukraine.
- The institution is engaged in the development of the applied sciences of Ukraine, such as: metals and alloys manufacturing, casting practice, metal forming, materials science, heating engineering, mechanics, chemistry, etc.
- Presently, the National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine is a state institution of higher education with level IV accreditation and developed infrastructure.
- NMetAU carries out the teaching activity for all qualification degrees (junior specialist, bachelor, specialist and master) in 16 branches and over 60 specialties; instructs university teachers and scientists for higher academic degrees (PhD and higher) in 22 specialties; conducts preparatory training and gives a second degree in higher education.
- The world famous Academicians and Corresponding Members of National Academy of Science are associated with NMetAU, they are: L.V. Pisarzhevsky, M.A. Pavlov, A.V. Kirsanov, O.P. Chekmar'ov, U.M. Taran-Zhovnir, M.I. Gasik, K.F. Starodubov and others.