Ternopil National Medical University
- TNMU was founded on 12 April 1957 as a Ternopil Medical Institute on 17 November 2004, after reorganization, the institution became Ivan HorbachevskyTernopil State Medical University.
- The institute had 19 departments, and employed 66 instructors.
- In 1994, the Institute received IV level of institutional accreditation. In 1995 TSMU added the specialty of Nursing, and in 2000 Pharmacy.
- According to the Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 146/2019 from the 17-th of April, 2019, I.HorbachevskyTernopil State Medical University received the status of a national university.
- TNMU provides medical training for over 8,000 students, including about 1,300 foreigners from 56 countries.
- The university employs about 1,200 teaching staff.
- The university has various undergraduate courses including- Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Recognized by MCI (Medical Council Of India, WHO (World Health Organization), IAOU (International Association of Universities), EUA (European Universities Association).
- M.B.B.S graduates from TNMU can apply for government jobs in medical colleges, hospitals & other public sectors. Graduates are also eligible to sit for equivalency exams & practice in USA, UK, Australia & other European countries.
- The well known Bologna process (European system) is applied for teaching.
Bank expenses on operation on money transfer which is the payment of tuition fee of the student are made at the expense of the party who makes the payment. University has the right to change the tuition fee no more than once a year and, no more than the officially determined level of inflation in Ukraine for the previous calendar year with obligatorily informing the students about this change.
Courses in English Medium:
Medicine (M.B.B.S/ MD Physician) duration – 6 years
Academic year (2 semesters): September 1- June 30.
Tution fee: 3800$ -1st year, 4420$ -2nd year, 4420$-3rd year, 4520$-4th year, 4620$-5th year & 4620$ -6th year
As on 10.06.2021 (USD)$1=73.0 INR
- Ternopil is a city in western Ukraine, located on the banks of the Seret.
- Ternopil is one of the major cities of Western Ukraine and the historical regions of Galicia and Podolia.
- In January 2020, the population of Ternopil was estimated at 221,820.