Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
IFNMU was established in 1945.
- The university consists of 12 hospitals and clinics.
- It is one of the few universities designated as a "National Medical University" by the government of Ukraine.
- It is a member of the association of universities, European association of universities, World Health Organization, and other international organizations.
- Around 4000 foreign students attend from all over the world, including the US, Western Europe, Australia, Africa, India and parts of Asia.
- The university contains 48 departments. The IFNMU Library received the prize (2nd degree diploma) for "Library of the year 2009" in the All Ukrainian Contest.
- The university provides medical care to patients throughout the city and wider region across 40 specialties, and also serves as a national database of anatomy.
- The university maintains professional contacts with the World Federation of Ukrainian Medical Associations, including the Ukrainian Medical Association of North America, Lublin Medical Academy, and universities in Germany, Austria, and Poland
Ivano-Frankivsk is a historic city located in Western Ukraine.
It is the administrative centre of Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast.
Administratively, it is designated as a city of regional significance within the oblast, and together with a number of rural localities, is incorporated as Ivano-Frankivsk Municipality.
The population of Ivano-Frankivsk is about 229,000 (2016), the area - 120 sq. km